Banner Error: "ORA: Invalid username/password; logon denied"
After changing your FIT password, you may encounter the following error: “ORA: Invalid username/password; logon denied.”
If you use a third-party tool that connects directly to Banner (e.g., NOLIJ, TOAD, BDM, etc.) and have changed your FIT password, you will need to update your password using the link “Sync Third-Party Tool” found in MyFIT.
To sync your password
1. Sign in to MyFIT with your FIT username and password.
2. Click on “Employee” on the left-hand side.
3. Navigate to the bottom of the Online Information System portlet and click on “Synch Third-Party Tool.”
4. The “SSO Manager Credential Management Utility” will open. Enter your FIT password in the password field. Reminder: Banner does not accept passwords with special characters (@,#,<,>,&,”,\) or spaces. If you have used spaces or special characters you will need to change your password. Then click the “Save” button.
5. The following error page will appear. Your password has been saved. Click “Sign Out.”