How to manage spam
What is spam?
Spam is electronic junk mail. Unwanted messages sent to a large number of recipients.
Why are emails marked as spam?
- You previously marked these messages as spam by clicking the “Report spam” or “Report phishing” button. Both actions will send the message to your Spam folder and remove it from your Inbox.
- Gmail automated detections system identified the message as suspicious and marked it as spam
How do I keep a message from going to spam?
It is important to check your spam periodically because all messages that have been in spam for more than 30 days will automatically be deleted.
How to delete spam
- Go to spam
- Select the messages you wish to delete the click “Delete forever” or click “Delete all spam messages now”
- Messages deleted from spam cannot be restored
- All messages that have been in spam for more than 30 days will automatically be deleted
- You will see the message “Hooray, no spam here!” when your spam is empty