How to use call forwarding on an FIT phone
Activate Call Forwarding
- From an FIT desk phone, press *20 and wait to hear a dial tone
- To forward to another FIT extension, enter the five-digit extension only (example: 74357)
To forward to an outside line, enter 91 followed by the telephone number
- You will hear an acknowledgment tone and the phone will disconnect, the Forward button will be lit up when call forwarding is engaged
Deactivate Call Forwarding
- From an FIT desk phone, press #20
- The forward button will no longer be lit up
What to expect when call forwarding is on
- Individuals that call an extension with call forwarding activated from an FIT phone will see the name of the line followed by forward (for example Rita Book forward). They will not see what phone number the FIT phone has been forwarded to.
- Individuals that call an extension with call forwarding activated from an outside line will see the extension they are dialing or details if they have saved the number in their contacts. They will not see what phone number the FIT phone has been forwarded to.
- Individuals receiving forwarded calls will see:
- 212-217-7999 for all calls originating from an FIT extension
- the phone number of the individual calling from an outside line
- If the department line rings to an individual’s extension that has call forwarding activated, they will receive the department calls on the forwarded line.