Remote Access to the FIT Network (VPN)
What is Remote Access?
Remote access (VPN) allows access to the FIT network from off-campus. You will be required to enroll in Duo 2FA to access VPN.
How does it work?
Depending on the Operating System and type of access you need your setup to access the FIT Network will be different. The most common way to access the FIT Network is through Global Protect VPN, once you authenticate to VPN, to further gain access to your Windows computer you will use Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection to connect.
Who can get Remote Access?
If you believe you require remote access to perform your job duties please enter a ticket via the TechHelp.fitnyc.edu. Your VP will need to approve your access request.
Resources available via remote access:
- Files that are saved locally on the office computer. If you are granted VPN Access to access local files, please move to the appropriate Google Drive as soon as possible. If you have a few files; open a ticket at TechHelp.fitnyc.edu and we can help move files.
Please Note: If accessing local files is the only item on the list below you need VPN access for, please move the needed files to Google Drive.
Local locations include:
- Computer Desktop
- Personal drives (N: Drive, Y: Drive)
- Shared drives (M: Drive, L: Drive)
Please work with your department to create a Google Shared Drive to move files needed that are currently stored in local Shared Drives.
- Select Banner Resources
- Banner Admin Pages
- Banner Workflow
- Nolij Document Management System
- Banner Document Management System (BDMS)
- Finance Enterprise
Note: Most approvals can be done via email. Only vouchers/requisitions that were forwarded for approval require log in
- Hyperion/Argos Reporting
- Concourse Syllabus
- SAS (Statistical Analysis System)
- Windstar (Tax Navigator)