How to request the removal or transfer of computer and AV equipment

To have computer or AV equipment removed from an office space an Inventory Control Form must be filled out. The form can be found on MyFIT by navigating to the MyFIT tab > Quick Links at the bottom of the page > Forms > Asset Management Forms > Inventory Control Form A [Computer and A/V Equipment].


  1. Fill out Form including the FIT property barcode number
  2. Have the Department head sign form
  3. Attach a copy to the equipment(s)
  4. Contact TechHelp and request removal of equipment by IT
  5. Keep equipment in a secure location until IT comes to remove the equipment
  6. Keep a copy of the form for your records