IT Answers for
About this Guide
This guide was created to help students approaching graduation and alumni with information from our Self-Service Articles, Service pages, and Tech Tips with a summary of what you need to know in regards to technology and services supported by the Division of Information Technology.
The information below applies to FIT Graduates after 2008.
A graduate of FIT is an individual that has applied for graduation, completed all the required coursework, and has received a degree from FIT. If you are unsure of your graduate status, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
Information Technology Resources
- Graduates of FIT retain their @fitnyc.edu email address, but the email service (e.g., Gmail, imail) may change, as well as storage, retention, etc.; please check your email regularly to be informed of any service changes.
- Passwords will expire every 365 days.
- How to access your FIT email account, view the step-by-step instructions.
- Access to Google Workspace (Drive, Doc, etc.) is currently available for Alumni; however, this is not guaranteed for life.
- Services and access are subject to change; please check your email regularly to stay informed of any changes.
- Alumni do not retain access to MyFIT for life.
- If you are not registered for a class at FIT, you may lose access to MyFIT after four (4) to six (6) months.
- You can access your FIT email account directly from Gmail, view the step-by-step instructions.
- If you enroll in a class at FIT, your access to MyFIT will be restored.
- We recommend that you print or save a copy of your Unofficial Transcripts for your records before losing access to MyFIT. You can order an Official Transcript; please view the Registrar’s Website at https://www.fitnyc.edu/academics/courses-and-registration/registrar/transcripts.php.
Alumni needing help with accessing their FIT email can contact TechHelp.
Additional Alumni Resources
The Division of Information Technology receives calls and questions from FIT Alumni for benefits provided by other departments; please view our helpful directory below.