The Division of Information Technology has met with the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs Operations, and the Deans of each to develop a schedule for the computer refresh for Part-Time Classroom Faculty computers. A schedule has been established and is posted below.
- Schedule. When the refresh for your area approaches, the Desktop Support Services (DSS) team will be reaching out to the Liaison for each school to schedule the refresh.
- Software – Each computer will have a set of default software installed. The software includes:
- Adobe Acrobat Professional (DC)
- Microsoft Office
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11 (PC only).
- Citrix Receiver
To ensure a smooth refresh, it is important to document additional software that is needed on each computer. Each school has a liaison to assist with collecting the required software needs. If you access a system using a browser, like Banner, you do not need to include it on your list. If you are unsure about your school’s liaison, please contact the dean’s office.
- Data on Computers: Users should not save any files to the computer hard drive. Please backup any files beforehand to the N: or M: drives or to Google drive. Any files stored on the computer will be erased and will not be recoverable. If you need assistance moving files to Google Drive, please watch the video https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zc9_ef-9PHJe_eQwGzmd6eUztGEt9MPe/view?ts=5c1802da.
- Printers and scanners will be set up on each computer based on the current configurations.
- TechHelp Ticket: A TechHelp ticket will be created for each computer to track the progress of each refresh and any associated notes.