How to identify a broken Ethernet jack
2. Plug one end of the Ethernet cable in your computer and the other end into the room jack
– Blue Jack (Kaufman Hall)
– Red Jack (Alumni, Nagler or Coed)What if the cover is missing?
You may need to perform the following steps while plugged into each jack (we recommend starting bottom up) – The Ethernet jacks in the majority of rooms are the bottom jacks.
4. If your IP Address starts with…
- 143.= Your jack is functioning
- 169.= Your jack is broken — proceed to step 5 on the next page
- Include in the email:
- Your name
- A contact phone number
- Your dorm (Coed, Nagler, Alumni or Kaufman)
- Your dorm room number
- Your IP address or (if possible) a photo of your visually broken jackTechHelp will open a Ticket for you with the information you provide
TechHelp will open a Ticket for you with the information you provide.