UPDATE: Effective on May 5 at 12noon the ability to link Zoom to your FIT Google account will be revoked.
We understand that other SUNY campuses, vendors, and partners are using Zoom; if you must participate in a Zoom meeting, please read the following best practices to reduce the risk to yourself and to the college:
- Do not join a Zoom meeting from inside a VPN session.
- Never use your FIT Google account to login to Zoom. Update: Beginning Tuesday, May 5th at 12 noon this feature will be revoked.
- If you must participate in a Zoom meeting please join from an internet browser rather than installing the Zoom app.
- Only join meetings that require a password.
- Beware of Zoom-themed phishing emails. These may purport to be from Zoom and direct the recipient to open a malicious link or attachment in order to deliver malware or steal user credentials.