Jul 26 – Jul 30: File Storage Migration for Staff Campus Drives and Department/Division Shared Drives
From Thursday, July 26, 5 pm, through Monday, July 30, 10 am, the Division of Information Technology will be migrating the college’s file storage environment to the new data center located in Alumni Hall. The file storage migration will impact the following:
- The file storage migration will impact your staff campus drive displayed as Staff_Home, commonly referred to as your N drive.
- Department shared drives commonly referred to as the M Drive and L Drive.
h Access to the drives impacted by this migration is dependent on your department and/or division. (Note: The letter name associated to your drive may differ from M or L depending on the number of drives you have access to.)
Important things to know:
- You will have access to any data saved to the shared drives prior to July 26 at 5 pm after the migration is complete.
- Do not save any data to your shared drives during the file storage migration. It will not be saved.
- Move any files you may need between Thursday, July 26, 5 pm, through Monday, July 30, 10 am to a different storage location prior to the migration dates.
- You may use your Google Drive to save any files you may need during the file migration.
- You will have access to your shared drives by Monday, July 30, 10 am unless contacted by the Division of Information Technology.
Questions? Comments? Email TechHelp@fitnyc.edu or call (212) 217-HELP (4357).
Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to improve and update FIT systems.