The Division of Information Technology, Enrollment Management and Student Success and Public Safety are happy to announce the purchase of a Charging Station to be available for free for students to use in the Dining Hall.
The intelligent charging station has 15 individually lockable compartments that can store and charge nearly any mobile device. Inside each compartment is equipped with a power outlet and USB connections. As an additional service, we’ve included a multiple USB cable charger with Type C, 8 Pin Lighting, 30 PIN, and micro USB connections in each locker in case you forget your charging cable. You will need to bring your own charger to charge your laptop.
By using an FIT charging locker, you accept and agree to abide by the following:
- Users are responsible for all items placed in a locker. FIT will not be responsible for any loss or theft of or damage to items stored in the locker.
- Lockers are for the secure charging of laptops and mobile devices for students only. No food, liquids or perishable items may be placed in the lockers.
- Only one locker per user.
- The time limit for a charging locker is two hours.
- Items left longer than two hours may be removed by Public Safety and placed in the lost and found in Room D442. Items removed from the charging lockers will be at FIT’s sole discretion.
- Lockers are available during campus operating hours. Lockers are not to be used for overnight storage. Lockers may be shut down or quarantined after hours, during which time items left in lockers can only be retrieved with a Public Safety escort.
- Users are responsible for safeguarding their four-digit PIN code and should not share PIN codes.
- To maintain safety and security, FIT reserves the unconditional right to inspect all lockers at any time.
The purpose of these rules is to provide for the safe and efficient management of this charging station for the FIT community. Failure to follow these rules may result in disciplinary action in accordance with the Code of Student Conduct, the Employee Code of Ethical Conduct, or any other FIT policy.
Reserving a locker
Identify a locker that is open.
When selecting a locker, please be considerate of accessibility needs.
Enter a locker number 1 through 15.
Press OK to select when finished.
Enter a 4-digit PIN.
PIN cannot be sequential (e.g., 1234, 6543) or all the same digits (e.g., 2222, 8888).
Re-enter the 4-digit PIN.
Remember your locker number and PIN you will need it to retrieve your devices.
Place your laptop or mobile device in the locker and connect to USB or outlet. Close the door firmly, and the door will latch. The locker is now locked.
You may leave your items to charge.
Returning to a locker
Return to the locker to reclaim your charged devices. Enter the number of the locker you stored your laptop or mobile device. Press OK. Enter the 4-digit PIN you selected to lock the door.
NOTE: If you enter the wrong PIN code the locker will display INCORRECT. If you make three invalid attempts, the locker will be disabled for 1 minute before another entry attempt can be made.
Reclaim your items and leave the locker open.
Monday–Friday, 8:30 am–10 pm
(212) 217-HELP or visit Feldman, Room C307A
If TechHelp is closed, contact Public Safety at (212) 217-4999 or visit Pomerantz, Room D442.