Lost or Stolen FIT ID Cards
The first thing you need to do is deactivate the card. Everyone has the ability to disable their card blocking access to meal plan funds and Fashion Express funds. Follow our instructions on how to deactivate your FIT ID card.
If you do not find your ID card or believe it was stolen, you will need to pay for a replacement.
1. Go to the Bursar in the Business and Liberal Arts Center B127 during Office Hours.
2. Let the cashier know you have lost your ID card and pay the fee (visit http://www.fitnyc.edu/bursar/fees.php to see latest fee amounts).
3. The Bursar cashier will provide you with a slip to present to Public Safety.
4. Go to Public Safety in the Pomerantz Art and Design Center D442. Public Safety will then call for a Public Safety Gaurd to meet you in the Public Safety Office – this office is closed when not in use.
5. Give the proof of Fee Payment for ID Replacement to the Public Safety Gaurd and they will print you a new ID. Note: You will not be required to sit for a new photo, your photo is already on file.
6. For your protection, once a card is replaced, it cannot be reactivated. If you find the original card and then lose the replacement, you cannot use it. You should bring in the original card to Public Safety and get another replacement.
All students, faculty, and staff members are issued their first card free of charge. A fee (visit http://www.fitnyc.edu/bursar/fees.php to see latest fee amounts) is charged if your card is lost or stolen or for convenience changes, such as a name change or new photo. There is no fee if a card must be replaced because of magnetic stripe malfunctions, as long as the card has not been deliberately damaged or damaged through negligence.