In accordance with new cybersecurity guidelines, FIT will be updating our password requirements and expiration dates from 8-character passwords expiring every 120 days to 12-character passwords expiring every 365 days.
Beginning August 1, 2019, any password reset or change must contain a minimum of 12 characters.
In order to transition to a 365-day password expiration rule, we must ensure that all individuals have a chance to change their password to 12 characters. To accommodate the transition, those that change their password before or during the month of August to a 12 character password, may be required to perform another password change within 120 days.
New passwords MUST have the following:
- At least twelve (12) characters
- At least one (1) capital letter (A-Z)
- At least one (1) lowercase letter (a-z)
- At least one (1) number (0-9)
Your new password CANNOT:
- Contain your name
- Contain the words “Test” or “Password.”
- Be the same as one of your last four passwords
- Be more than 50 characters
- Contain a space
- (passwords that contain a space will NOT work with the FIT Print Stations or Banner INB)
All passwords are case sensitive– “PassWord” is different from “password”
Your new password must be different from your current password
Your FIT ID (@number) is very important. Please keep a secure record of your FIT ID number. It will be required if you ever forget your password. Email requests to reset your password must include your FIT ID, name, and alternate contact method; so we may inform you of your new password.
Forgot your Password? Follow our instructions.