Virus Protection Software
Sophos Free Anti-Virus Software
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control is a virus protection software licensed by IT for FIT and made available for free to all students, faculty and staff for use on campus and personal computers.
Features of Sophos Endpoint Security and Control
- Provides full protection from viruses, Trojans and worms
- Scans for websites for secure web browsing
- Quarantines and removes threats it finds
- Helps keep your data safe
Requirements for Installation
- An active FIT Account (a current FIT Username and Password)
- Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Mac OSX 10.4 and higher
- 160MB of Free Disk Space
- 256MB of Available RAM
How to Install Sophos
Uninstall any other anti-virus and anti-spyware programs on your computer before installing Sophos. Anti-virus programs are generally incompatible and installing more than one may cause serious system issues.
Alternative Free Anti-Virus Programs
We highly recommend that you use the Sophos Anti-Virus we have provided. However, below you will find a list of free popular alternative anti-virus programs. These programs are not endorsed by IT for FIT and we cannot provide support for these products. The list is not comprehensive, there may be many other anti-virus programs that may work for your system and with our network which are not listed.
PC Alternative Anti-Virus