Spam – Not the Kind in a Can
What is Spam?
Spam is electronic junk mail. Unwanted messages sent to a large number of recipients.
Why are Emails marked as Spam?
- You previously marked these messages as spam by clicking the “Report spam” or “Report phishing” button. Both actions will send the message to your Spam folder and remove it from your Inbox.
- Gmail automated detections system identified the message as suspicious and marked it as spam
How do I keep a message from going to Spam?
It is important to check you Spam periodically because all messages that have been in Spam more than 30 days will automatically be deleted.
How to a mark a message as Spam?
- Click the drop-down arrow next to “Reply
- Select “Report spam”
- The message will be moved to Spam
- After you report spam for several messages from the same sender, messages from that sender will automatically go to Spam
- Go to Spam
- Click “Not spam”
- The message will be moved back to your inbox
How do I delete my Spam messages?
- Go to spam
- Select the messages you wish to delete the click “Delete forever” or click “Delete all spam messages now”
- Messages deleted from Spam cannot be restored
- All messages that have been in Spam more than 30 days will automatically be deleted
- You will see the message “Hooray, no spam here!” when you Spam is empty