Congratulations on Graduating from FIT! We wish you the best of luck in your next endeavors. But don’t you…forget about us – or at least don’t forget your Alumni Benefits! As a student, you received a number of benefits from the Division of Information Technology. We want to let you know some of the benefits you keep and some things you should do before you graduate.
IMPORTANT: The information below applies to FIT Graduates after 2008. A graduate of FIT is an individual that has applied for graduation, completed all the required coursework, and has received a degree from FIT. If you are unsure of your graduate status please contact the Office of the Registrar.
FIT provides a grace period to allow individuals that transfer from FIT or do not graduate to move emails and other documentation from Google drive. The grace period expires after three (3) major semesters* have passed since the individual has registered for courses at FIT. *Major semesters are Fall and Spring.
Information Technology Resources:
- Graduates of FIT retain their @fitnyc.edu email address for life.
- Email passwords for Alumni follow the same guidelines as for current students. Passwords will expire every 120 days.
- You can access your FIT email account directly from Gmail, view the step-by-step instructions
- You get to retain the @fitnyc.edu email address but the email service (e.g. Gmail, imail) may change; please check your email regularly to be informed of any service changes.
- Access to Google Apps (Drive, Doc, etc.) is currently available for Alumni; however, this is not guaranteed for life.
- Services and access are subject to change, please check your email regularly to stay informed of any changes.
- Alumni do not retain access to MyFIT for life.
- If you are not registered for a class at FIT, you may lose access to MyFIT after four (4) to six (6) months.
- You can access your FIT email account directly from Gmail, view the step-by-step instructions.
- If you enroll in a class at FIT your access to MyFIT will be restored.
- We recommend that you print or save a copy of your Unofficial Transcripts for your records prior to losing access to MyFIT. You can order an Official Transcript, please view the Registrar’s Website at http://www.fitnyc.edu/registrar/transcripts.php.
Campus Drive and Transport Drives
- Campus and Transport Drives are storage accessed only from campus computers.
- This storage space is not permanent storage and these files will not be restored.
- Please move files from your Campus and Transport Drives to another storage space prior to graduating.
Non-Information Technology Resources:
The Division of Information Technology receives calls and questions from FIT Alumni for benefits provided by other departments, please view our helpful directory below for question about:
Office of Alumni Relations
Career Services Job Bank (CSJB)
Gladys Marcus Library
Library Databases (WGSN, WWD, Stylesight, etc.). The various databases accessed through the FIT Library website are only accessible to current students, staff, and faculty; Alumni do not retain access to these databases.