We are continuing work to upgrade the existing wireless network in Kaufman Hall during the coming weeks. We have been working in conjunction with Residential Life and Security to perform work required in many of the dorm rooms.
As part of our efforts, our networking team has worked to create a coverage map that will ensure that a signal can be reached in every room by strategically placing and increasing the number of Wireless Access Points.
As the work continues here is what you can expect to see:
- The new FITAIR wireless network will become visible in some locations
- If you see FITAIR you can connect to FITAIR (Mac Instructions, Windows Instructions), but keep in mind work is still being done on that network
- There is no need to call TechHelp if you do not see FITAIR or if the signal strength of FITAIR is weak – this network is still in testing and not the primary network for Kaufman Hall
- More new Aruba Wireless Access Points
- There is no need to call TechHelp if you see an Aruba WAP without blinking lights. Please do not touch this equipment.
Once the project is completed, residents in Kaufman Hall can expect to experience a stronger, consistent and more stable wifi signal on all floors.
We continue to appreciate the residents understanding as we improve the wireless network. We will continue to share and update the Kaufman Hall community about our progress with this major project.