Why you can’t use ‘Beef Stew’ as a password?
Because is not stroganoff
When using your FIT password for the first time, the default password is your date of birth in the following format: MmmDDYYYY
EXAMPLE: If your date of birth is March 5th, 1989 your default password would be Mar051989
As a security precaution passwords expire every 120 days. An email will be sent to your FIT email account to remind you to reset your password.
New passwords MUST have the following:
- At least eight (8) characters
- At least one (1) capital letter (A-Z)
- At least one (1) lowercase letter (a-z)
- At least one (1) number (0-9)
Your new password CANNOT:
- Contain your name
- Contain the words “Test” or “Password.”
- Be the same as one of your last four passwords
- Be more than 50 characters
- Contain a space
- (passwords that contain a space will NOT work with the FIT Print Stations or Banner INB)
- Note for Banner users only – CANNOT use special characters and symbols (@,#,+,<,>,&,”,\) or Spaces
All passwords are case sensitive– “PassWord” is different from “password”
Your new password must be different from your current password
Examples of acceptable password configurations: FIT4ever, 2login2FIT, 3lPw2tM
An excellent way to create a complex password is to convert a sentence or phrase that you will remember. Example: 1FOtCNR1975 (One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest Released 1975) or Im2NYfSDi2005 (I moved to NY from SD in 2005).
Your FIT ID (@number) is very important. Please keep a secure record of your FIT ID number. It will be required if you ever forget your password. Email requests to reset your password must include your FIT ID, name, and alternate contact method; so we may inform you of your new password.
Forgot your Password? Follow our instructions.